Put out a pot of these and a big ole pile of napkins and watch your guests eat
- 3 pounds (1.4 kg) chicken wings
- 1/2 cup (168 g) sugar-free imitation honey
- 1/2 cup (12 g) Splenda
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons (28 ml) oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons (28 g) Dana’s No-Sugar Ketchup (see recipe page 332) or
purchased low-carb ketchup
Cut the chicken wings into “drummettes.” Season them with salt and pepper and
put them in your slow cooker.
In a bowl, stir together the honey, Splenda, soy sauce, oil, garlic, and ketchup. Drizzle
the mixture over the wings and stir them to coat. Cover the slow cooker, set it to low,
and let it cook for 6 to 8 hours.
Yield: 8 servings, each with: 144 calories, 10 g fat, 10 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate, trace
dietary fiber, 2 g usable carbs. (Analysis does not include the polyols in the imitation