Bacon and cheese together—it makes you glad to be a low-carber, doesn’t it?
16 ounces (455 g) Neufchâtel cheese, softened, or light or regular cream cheese
- 2 cups (225 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups (230 g) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) Carb Countdown dairy beverage
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons (22 g) brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon (10 g) minced onion
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or Vege-Sal
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound (455 g) bacon, cooked, drained, and crumbled
Cut the Neufchâtel cheese or cream cheese in cubes and put them in your slow
cooker. Add the cheddar cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, Carb Countdown, cream,
mustard, onion, Worcestershire sauce, salt or Vege-Sal, and cayenne. Stir to distribute
the ingredients evenly. Cover the slow cooker, set it to low, and let it cook for 1 hour,
stirring from time to time.
When the cheese has melted, stir in the bacon.
Yield: 12 servings, each with: 505 calories, 44 g fat, 25 g protein, 2 g carbohydrate,
trace dietary fiber, 2 g usable carbs.